Sunday 11 October 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 11, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
The Fourth Kind, directed by Olatunde Osunsanmi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Where Men Win Glory by Jon Krakauer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Amelia.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bakugan Battle Brawlers or Cuboid.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 October 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 2009!
Which were the important events of 11 October 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 October
- Veronika Neugebauer: German actress and voice actress (Born 1969).
- Luis Armando Pena Soltren, a suspect wanted for the 1968 hijacking of Pan Am Flight 281, is captured after more than 40 years. (CNN)
- Thousands of people attend the state funeral of Arturo ampquotZamboampquot Cavero in Lima, Peru. President Alan García posthumously awards him the Order of the Sun. (BBC)
- Mayoral, regional and district council elections take place in Moscow and 75 other regions across Russia. (BBC)
- An Irish priest, Michael Sinnot, is seized from a convent and taken away in a motorboat by gunmen in Pagadian City, Mindanao in the southern Philippines. (''Miami Herald'')
- At least 10 people die and seven are declared missing in a river ferry sinking on the Mekong in Kratié Province, Cambodia. (Al Jazeera)
- Pope Benedict XVI canonizes five new saints: Father Damien, Rafael Arnáiz Barón, Zygmunt Szczęsny Feliński, Francisco Coll Guitart, and Jeanne Jugan. (''Times of India'')
- A spate of car bombings kills 19 people and wounds dozens in the western Iraqi city of Ramadi, in Anbar province. (MSNBC)
- Pakistani commandos storm an office building and rescue 39 people taken hostage by suspected Taliban militants after an attack on the army's headquarters in the city of Rawalpindi. (Reuters)
- The Irish National Liberation Army (INLA) announces an end to violence in Northern Ireland. (ABC News)
- Joseph,C and Alice,S Officially together
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 October 2009
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Betis - Real Union : 1 - 1
- Cadiz - Cartagena : 1 - 3
- Sociedad - Salamanca : 2 - 0
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Notts County - Torquay : 2 - 2
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Albinoleffe - Ascoli : 1 - 1
- Padova - Mantova : 3 - 0
- Salernitana - Cittadella : 1 - 2
- Sassuolo - Grosseto : 2 - 3
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Break Up - Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett
- Successful - Drake Featuring Trey Songz & Lil Wayne
- Run This Town - Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West
- God In Me - Mary Mary Featuring Kierra "KiKi" Sheard
- Wasted - Gucci Mane Featuring Plies Or OJ Da Juiceman
- Under - Pleasure P
- Trust - Keyshia Cole Duet With Monica
- Bad Habits - Maxwell
- Number One - R. Kelly Featuring Keri Hilson
Top #10 Latin songs
- Shakira - Loba
- Nelly Furtado - Manos Al Aire
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- Su Veneno - Aventura
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Mi Cama Huele A Ti - Tito "El Bambino" El Parton Featuring Zion & Lennox
- Los Tigres del Norte - La Granja
- Sufre - Dareyes de La Sierra
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
After the rescue of banks considered too big to fail, smaller ones near a grim milestone: the 100th failure of 2009. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?