Wednesday 26 January 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 26, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Hold It Against Me by Britney Spears.
A Little Bit of Heaven, directed by Nicole Kassell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Decision Points by George W. Bush was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Green Hornet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bang Bang Racing or All Zombies Must Die!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 January 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 2011!
Which were the important events of 26 January 2011 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 January
- Three muslim rebels are killed following a clash with government security forces in the Southern Philippines. (China Xinjiang)
- Egyptian Protests:
- Three Egyptian protesters in Suez and one police officer in Cairo are killed in protests against president Hosni Mubarak. (CNN)
- Egyptian authorities ban protests and block access to some websites after continuing street demonstrations in the country. (Bloomberg)
- Police in Cairo beat and arrest a ''Guardian'' news reporter, who secretly records the events that occur in the police van. (''The Guardian'')
- At least four people are killed and several injured in a car bombing in Dagestan in the North Caucasus. (BBC)
- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev fires top airport security officials, two days after a suicide bombing at Moscow's Domodedovo International Airport killed 35 people and injured 130. (RIA Novosti)
- The Sudanese army clashes with Sudan Liberation Army rebels in Darfur for the second time in a week, and insurgents said they shot down a helicopter gunship, killing at least three people, a claim denied by the army, which said it had killed 25 rebels. (Reuters)
- An ambush attack on an army-escorted postal truck in Yemen's southern Hadramut region kills 5 people. (Reuters via Arab News)
- Sky Sports presenter Richard Keys resigns following his comments about female referee Sian Massey. (BBC)
- Canadian singer Mary-Lu Zahalan-Kennedy becomes the first person in the world to graduate with a Masters degree in The Beatles, which she studied at Liverpool Hope University. (BBC)
- The newly released figures show China had 6.31 million new college graduates, and about 90.7 percent of them found employment by the end of 2010, which represented a 3 percent year-on-year increase. (CRI)
- The 41st World Economic Forum opens in Davos, Switzerland. (Xinhua)
- Incumbent Ivorian leader Laurent Gbagbo orders the seizure of all local branches of the Central Bank of West African States. (BBC)
- Switzerland adopts European Union sanctions against Iran’s energy, nuclear and weapons sectors, but an 18-22 billion euro Swiss EGL gas contract with the National Iranian Gas Export Company has not been canceled. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Former Kyrgyz energy minister Saparbek Balkibekov, who fled the country during the 2010 uprising, is detained in Ireland by an Interpol operation. (Xinhua)
- Iranian media censor pictures of EU foreign minister Catherine Ashton's cleavage taken at recent failed talks on Iran's nuclear program Ashton covers up in later meetings to prevent further diplomatic incident. (Ynet)
- Ireland upgrades its relations with Palestine to a diplomatic mission, short of recognition, though the Palestinian representative is now officially an ambassador. (''Belfast Telegraph'')
- Tunisia issues an international arrest warrant for former President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali and members of his family who fled the country earlier this month following demonstrations that toppled his regime. (CNN)
- A court in Vietnam sentences a former Communist Party member to eight years in jail for posting articles on the Internet calling for multi-party democracy. (''Taiwan News'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 26 January 2011
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Tenerife - Granada : 2 - 2
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Celtic - Hearts : 4 - 0
- Hibernian - Rangers : 0 - 2
- Inverness C - Aberdeen : 0 - 2
- Liverpool - Fulham : 1 - 0
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Porto - Nacional : 3 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me
- Bruno Mars - Grenade
- Katy Perry - Firework
- Rihanna - What's My Name?
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
- Ke$ha - We R Who We R
- P!nk - Raise Your Glass
- The Time (Dirty Bit) - The Black Eyed Peas
- Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- No BS - Chris Brown
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock
- Fall For Your Type - Jamie Foxx Featuring Drake
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
- Make A Movie - Twista Featuring Chris Brown
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- Lo Mejor De Mi Vida Eres Tu - Ricky Martin Featuring Natalia Jimenez
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Sales increased to $6.7 billion, but additional spending for advertising and research hurt profits. [..]
The economic forum should address the “too big to fail” bank problem, destabilizing capital flows, improving governance and liberalization to free markets. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.99
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $93.92
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $81.68
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $46.96
- 1 CHF = 6.9849 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6212 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9473 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.574 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?