Friday 26 July 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 26, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yuen Biao and Nana Visitor [Tucker].
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Abominable Snowman, directed by Val Guest, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Day Christ Died by Jim Bishop was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard Diamond, Private Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 July 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1957 ?
- Yuen Biao: Hong Kong actor and martial artist.
- Nana Visitor [Tucker]: Actress (Deep Space 9).
- Wayne Grady: Brisbane, Queensland -- Australasia golfer.
- Del LaGrace Volcano: American intersex photographer whose work includes installation, performance and film and interrogates the performance of gender on several levels, especially the performance of masculinity and femininity.
- Jeff Blatnick: Schenectady, New York -- Wrestling (1984 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Daniel Ash: English musician and singer-songwriter (Bauhaus Tones on Tail and Love and Rockets).
- Hart Hanson: American television writer and producer.
- Nana Visitor: American actress.
- Norman Baker: Scottish politician.
- Carlos Castillo Armas: dictator of Guatemala, is assassinated.
- Mickey Mantle hits career home run number 200.
- USSR launches first intercontinental multistage ballistic missile.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
- Over The Mountain; Across The Sea - Johnnie and Joe
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?