Wednesday 31 July 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 31, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lida Baday and Dirk Blocker.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Man of a Thousand Faces, directed by Joseph Pevney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard Diamond, Private Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 July 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1957 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Lida Baday: Canadian fashion designer with an international reputation.
- Dirk Blocker: American actor.
- Daniel Ash: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Bauhaus Love and Rockets and Tones on Tail).
- Lusaka (Zambia)
- Jane Bennett: American sociologist theorist and academic.
- Leon Durham: American baseball player and actor.
- Bill Cartwright: Athlete.
- Mark Thompson: English businessman.
- Shan Goshorn: American photographer.
- Irina Nazariva: USSR -- 4 X 400m relay (1980 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Victoria E Cooke: Hollywood, California -- Playmate (Aug, 1980).
- Dirk Blocker in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Baa Baa Black Sheep, Ryan's Four).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Larry Williams - Short Fat Fannie
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
- I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter - Billy Williams
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?