Thursday 11 July 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vince Williams and Pete Murphy.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Pride and the Passion, directed by Stanley Kramer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gay Cavalier.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1957 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Vince Williams: Actor (Hamp-Guiding Light).
- Pete Murphy: rocker (Love Hysteria).
- Johann Lamont: Scottish educator and politician.
- Peter Murphy: English singer-songwriter (Bauhaus and Dalis Car).
- Michael Rose: Kingston, Jamaica -- Rocker (Black Uhuru-Brutal, Positive).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 July 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Andy Williams - I Like Your Kind Of Love
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?