Thursday 11 July 1957US date format: 7/11/1957, UK date format: 11/7/1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Murphy (musician) and Cindy Sheehan.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?, directed by Frank Tashlin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Flower Drum Song by C.Y. Lee was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard Diamond, Private Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1957 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Peter Murphy (musician)
- Cindy Sheehan: Activist.
- Vince Williams: Actor (Hamp-Guiding Light).
- Pete Murphy: rocker (Love Hysteria).
- Ron Klein: Politician.
- Peter Murphy: English singer-songwriter (Bauhaus and...
- Michael Rose: Kingston, Jamaica -- Rocker (Black...
- Johann Lamont: Scottish educator and politician.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Andy Williams - I Like Your Kind Of Love
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?