Tuesday 30 July 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 30, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Cartwright and Nery Pumpido.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Man of a Thousand Faces, directed by Joseph Pevney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Life At Happy Knoll by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard Diamond, Private Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 July 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1957 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Bill Cartwright: Basketball player (NY Knicks, Chicago Bulls).
- Nery Pumpido: Argentinian footballer coach and manager.
- Mark Tymchyshyn: Minneapolis, Minnesota -- Actor (Gavin-As The World Turns).
- Rat Scabies [Chris Miller]: Surrey, England -- Rock drummer (Damned).
- Diana DeGette: Politician.
- Clint Hurdle: American baseball player and manager.
- Leon Walls: American singer songwriter and guitarist.
- Antonio Adamo: Italian director and cinematographer.
- Bert Oosterbosch: Dutch bicyclist.
- Sem Dresden: Dutch Composer / conductor, dies at 76.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Larry Williams - Short Fat Fannie
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
- I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter - Billy Williams
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?