Tuesday July 30, 1957
US date format: 7/30/1957, UK date format: 30/7/1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on July 30, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Cartwright and Nery Pumpido.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Man of a Thousand Faces, directed by Joseph Pevney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Nun'S Story by Kathryn Hulme was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard Diamond, Private Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in those months ?
Which were the important events of July 30, 1957?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Sem Dresden: Dutch Composer / conductor, dies at 76.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957?
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Larry Williams - Short Fat Fannie
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
- I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter - Billy Williams
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV series released in those months ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?