Thursday 26 July 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 26, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dorothy Hamill and Pierre de Villiers (général).
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Storm Center, directed by Daniel Taradash, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Eloise by Kay Thompson and Hilary Knight was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 July 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1956!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1956 ?
- Dorothy Hamill: American champion figure skater, the winner of an Olympic Gold Medal in 1976.
- Pierre de Villiers (général)
- Peter Fincham: English screenwriter and producer.
- Andy Goldsworthy: Artist.
- Tim Tremlett: English cricketer and coach.
- Tommy Rich: American professional wrestler.
- Dorothy Hamill in Connecticut: USA; ice figure skater (Olympic-gold-1976).
- Miguel Bernal Jiminez: Composer, dies at 46.
- Egypt seizes Suez Canal.
- Following the World Bank's refusal to fund building the Aswan High Dam, Egyptian leader Gamal Abdel Nasser nationalizes the Suez Canal sparking international condemnation.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?