Wednesday 17 July 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 17, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fern Britton and Fabio Dal Zotto.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Band of Angels, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Profiles In Courage by John F. Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard Diamond, Private Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 July 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1957 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Fern Britton: English television host and actress.
- Fabio Dal Zotto: Italian fencing champion, winner of a Gold Medal in the Montreal Olympics 1976.
- Jean-Claude Dunyach
- Bruce Crump: American drummer and songwriter (Molly Hatchet and Gator Country) (d. 2015).
- Wendy Freedman: Canadian-American cosmologist and astronomer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter - Billy Williams
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?