Sunday 21 July 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 21, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jon Lovitz and Jon Lovitz in Tarzana.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Band of Angels, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Towers Of Trebizond by Rose Macaulay was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard Diamond, Private Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 July 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1957 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Jon Lovitz: TV Actor.
- Donna Dixon: Actress.
- Jon Lovitz in Tarzana: California, USA; comedian (Saturday Night Live).
- George Landress: American songwriter and music producer.
- Maria Cammarata: Italian youthful drug addict; raped by three boys at the Piazza Navona 3/06/1988.
- Stefan Löfven: Swedish union leader and politician 33rd Prime Minister of Sweden.
- Bernard Spooner: US inventor of bulletproof jacket, dies.
- 1st black to win a major US tennis tournament (Althea Gibson)
- 39th PGA Championship: Lionel Hebert at Miami Valley Golf Club - Dayton, Ohio
- Marilynn Smith / Fay Crocker wins Hot Springs 4-Ball Golf Tournament
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter - Billy Williams
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?