Thursday 4 July 1957, US Independence Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Princess Chulabhorn and John Machajewski.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
The Pride and the Passion, directed by Stanley Kramer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard Diamond, Private Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1957 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Princess Chulabhorn: of Thailand.
- John Machajewski: American police officer who was shot to death while responding to an armed robbery call at a tavern in December 1981.
- Rein Lang: Estonian politician and diplomat 25th Estonian Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Jenny Seagrove: Malaysian-English actress singer and activist.
- Chulabhorn Walailak: Chulabhorn Walailak Thai princess.
- Judy Tyler: Actress (Princess-Howdy Doody), dies at 24 in car crash.
- Dutch 2nd Chamber accepts temporary tax increase
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Ricky Nelson - A Teenager's Romance
- Sal Mineo - Start Movin' (In My Direction)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?