Friday 26 March 1943US date format: 3/26/1943, UK date format: 26/3/1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 26, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Woodward and Daniel Lommel.
Slightly Dangerous, directed by Wesley Ruggles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 March 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1943!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1943 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Bob Woodward: American writer, a journalist with the Washington Post who authored "All The President's Men" in 1974 with his partner, Carl Bernstein.
- Daniel Lommel: French ballet dancer, choreographer.
- Paul Michael Glaser: Actor.
- Giovanna Ferragamo: Italian noted family, the second child and second daughter of Salvatore and Wanda Ferragamo.
- Lawrence Noxon: American baby who was born prematurely and with Downs syndrome; he grew fat and stubby with poor muscle tone.
- Mustafa Kalemli: Turkish physician and politician Turkish Minister of the Interior.
- 1st woman to receive air medal (US army nurse Elsie S Ott)
- Elsie S Ott becomes 1st woman awarded US Air Force Medal
- Battle of Komandorski Islands, Pacific Ocean.