Monday 26 April 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Marc Daniel and Tatyana Fomina.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Johnny Guitar, directed by Nicholas Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not as a Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching That's My Boy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 April 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1954!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1954 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Jean-Marc Daniel
- Tatyana Fomina: Estonian chess player.
- Alan Hinkes: English mountaineer and explorer.
- Chito Roño: Filipino director and screenwriter.
- Nationwide test of Salk anti-polio vaccine begins
- Far Eastern Affairs conference opens in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Polio vaccine trials begin at the Franklin Sherman Elementary School in McLean, Virginia.
- The Geneva Conference, an effort to restore peace in Indochina and Korea, begins.
- International conference on Korea and Indo-China opens in Geneva.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Happy Wanderer - Frank Weir & His Orchestra
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?