Saturday 26 March 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
Insidious, directed by James Wan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Jesus Of Nazareth by Joseph Ratzinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Undergrad.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alien Zombie Megadeath or BloodRayne: Betrayal.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 2011!
Which were the important events of 26 March 2011 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 March
- Roger Abbott: Canadian comedian, a member of the nationally beloved comedy and radio troupe, "The Royal Canadian Air Farce.
- Geraldine Ferraro: American lawyer and three-time Congresswoman from Queens, New York, in 1984 a candidate for an office never before held by a woman, that of democratic Vice-President.
- March for the Alternative in London as around 400,000 people march against british government spending cuts and participate in direct action against tax avoiding companies.
- Arab Spring:
- 2011 Libyan civil war: Rebel forces in Libya retake the town of Ajdabiya from troops loyal to Muammar Gaddafi, and later recapture Brega. (Al Jazeera)
- Five suspected al Qaeda terrorists are killed at a checkpoint in Yemen. (Reuters)
- An agreement allowing the departure of Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh is ampquotcloseampquot, according to the Foreign Minister Abu Bakr al-Kurbi. (BBC)
- Snipers in the city of Latakia, Syria, kill at least three people as protests continue. (BBC)
- The official death toll since the 2011 Syrian protests is 27 since March 15 with confirmed deaths occurring in the cities of Homs, Sanamen, Daraa and Latakia. (al Jazeera)
- Three people are killed by leftist rebels in Tampakan, southern Philippines. (Xinhua)
- Hamas states that it will agree to a ceasefire and halt their rocket fire at Israel if Israel stops attacking targets in the Gaza Strip. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Alaska Airlines and its affiliate Horizon Air cancel dozens of flights because of problems with its computer system. (AP via ABC News America)
- A fuel fire at Miami International Airport causes flight cancellations and delays. (''Miami Herald'')
- Ford announces plans to shut down its plant in Cenk, Belgium for a few days starting April 4 due to parts shortages following the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami. (Reuters)
- Levels of radiation in Tokyo's water supply return to normal. (''Japan Times'')
- A woman becomes the first person to be jailed for violating a ban on non-recyclable plastic bags in Mandalay, Burma. (''Straits Times'')
- British Police are granted an extension by magistrates to continue questioning a Swindon man suspected of the murder of Sian O'Callaghan. (Sky News)
- Voters in the Australian state of New South Wales go to the polls for the NSW state election with the Liberal/National coalition led by Barry O'Farrell winning government by a landslide. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Hundreds of thousands of people march in London, England against government budget cuts with the protests later turning violent. (''The Guardian'')
- Geraldine Ferraro, a Democratic Party Congresswoman and the first woman to stand for Vice-President of the United States on a major party ticket dies in Boston. (Reuters)
- The Governor-General of Canada David Johnston dissolves the Parliament of Canada and issues writs for the Canadian federal election. (680 News)
- Victoire Pisa wins the Dubai World Cup, the first Japanese win in the history of the US$10 million event. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 26 March 2011
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Barcelona B - Alcorcon : 2 - 0
- Cartagena - Villarreal B : 2 - 0
- Celta - Recreativo : 0 - 3
- Cordoba - Gimnastic : 1 - 0
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- AFC Wimbledon - Rushden & D : 1 - 0
- Barrow - Bath City : 0 - 1
- Cambridge - Forest Green : 1 - 1
- Darlington - Altrincham : 0 - 1
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Dundee - Cowdenbeath : 2 - 2
- Dunfermline - Partick : 0 - 0
- Falkirk - Raith Rvs : 2 - 1
- Queen of Sth - Stirling : 4 - 1
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Airdrie Utd - Forfar : 3 - 1
- Alloa - Peterhead : 0 - 0
- Brechin - Dumbarton : 6 - 0
- East Fife - Livingston : 1 - 3
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?