Tuesday 26 June 1934
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Josef Sommer and Luis Felipe Pires.
Of Human Bondage, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1934!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1934 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Josef Sommer: Germany -- Actor (Witness, Target, Iceman, Forced March).
- Luis Felipe Pires: Composer.
- Jeremy Wolfenden: British journalist (d. 1965).
- John V: Tunney; American politician (Representative/Senator-Democrat-California).
- Jean-René Farthouat: French lawyer, specializing in criminal law, who served as president of the National Council of Lawyers.
- John Tunney: American politician who first became interested in politics from his involvement in the Kennedy campaign in 1958. Relocating to California, he opened a law office and ran for Congress to become the youngest Senator at the time, age 36 in 1971.
- Max Fulgenzy:
- Dave Grusin: American pianist and composer
- FDR signs Federal Credit Union Act, establishing Credit Unions
- Germany and Poland sign no-attack treaty
- W E B Du Bois resigns position at NAACP
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs the Federal Credit Union Act, which establishes credit unions.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?