Tuesday October 26, 1982
US date format: 10/26/1982, UK date format: 26/10/1982
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 26, 1982). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Julie Boulanger and Ulrich Robeiri.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Who Can It Be Now? by Men At Work.
In UK I Don't Wanna Dance by Eddy Grant was in the top 5 hits.
Come Back to the 5 & Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean, directed by Robert Altman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while A Light In The Attic by Shel Silverstein was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wild America.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Escape From the Mindmaster or Smurf: Rescue in Gargamel's Castle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 26, 1982?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- See more
- US budget deficit reaches more than $110 trillion for fiscal year 1982
- Steve Carlton becomes first pitcher to win four Cy Young awards.
- Giovanni Benelli: Archbishop of Florence / Pope candidate.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 26, 1982?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now?
- John Cougar - Jack & Diane
- The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky
- Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin'
- Joe Cocker - Up Where We Belong
- Olivia Newton-John - Heart Attack
- Jackson Browne - Somebody's Baby
- America - You Can Do Magic
- Flock Of Seagulls, A - I Ran (So Far Away)
- Neil Diamond - Heartlight
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Evelyn King - Love Come Down
- The Time - 777-9311
- Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing
- Cheryl Lynn And Luther Vandross - If This World Were Mine
- Luther Vandross - Bad Boy/having A Party
- Kool & The Gang - Big Fun
- Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin' (every Time You're Near)
- Melba Moore - Love's Comin' At Ya
- Diana Ross - Muscles
- Stevie Wonder - Ribbon In The Sky
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 26If October 26, 1982 is your birthday you're 37 years, 11 months, 3 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 27 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on October 26, 1982?
On October 26, 1982 the day of the week was Tuesday.
What zodiac sign is October 26, 1982?
On October 26, 1982 the zodiac sign was Scorpio.
Who was the US President on October 26, 1982?
On October 26, 1982 the US President was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on October 26, 1982?
On October 26, 1982 the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on October 26, 1982?
On October 26, 1982 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on October 26, 1982?
On October 26, 1982 several famous people were born including, Julie Boulanger, Ulrich Robeiri, Mahesh Jadu.
Which famous people died on October 26, 1982?
Famous people died on October 26, 1982 include, Giovanni Benelli.
What was the number one song in October 26, 1982?
The number one song in the week of October 26, 1982 was Who Can It Be Now? by Men At Work in US and I Don't Wanna Dance by Eddy Grant in UK.
What were the top hits on October 26, 1982?
The top hits on October 26, 1982 were Who Can It Be Now? by Men At Work, Jack & Diane by John Cougar, Eye In The Sky by The Alan Parsons Project in US and I Don't Wanna Dance by Eddy Grant, Heartbreaker by Dionne Warwick, Mad World by Tears For Fears in UK.