Thursday 21 October 1982
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 21, 1982). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matt Dallas and Lee Wei.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Jack & Diane by John Cougar.
In UK Pass The Dutchie by Musical Youth was in the top 5 hits.
Tenebre, directed by Dario Argento, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Princess by Robert Lacey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching St. Elsewhere.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Rear Guard or Satan's Hollow.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 October 1982
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1982!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1982 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Matt Dallas: American actor.
- Lee Wei: Badminton Player.
- Jim Henderson: American baseball player.
- Antony Kay: English footballer.
- Lee Chong Wei: Malaysian badminton player.
- James White: American basketball player.
- Tim Wildsmith: American singer-songwriter and pianist.
- Ray Ventrone: American football player.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Cougar - Jack & Diane
- Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now?
- The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky
- Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin'
- Joe Cocker - Up Where We Belong
- Olivia Newton-John - Heart Attack
- Jackson Browne - Somebody's Baby
- America - You Can Do Magic
- Flock Of Seagulls, A - I Ran (So Far Away)
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
Top #10 R&B songs
- Evelyn King - Love Come Down
- The Time - 777-9311
- The Gap Band - You Dropped A Bomb On Me
- If This World Were Mine - Cheryl Lynn And Luther Vandross
- Luther Vandross - Bad Boy/having A Party
- Kool & The Gang - Big Fun
- Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin' (every Time You're Near)
- Melba Moore - Love's Comin' At Ya
- Jermaine Jackson - Let Me Tickle Your Fancy
- Grandmaster Flash - The Message
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?