Sunday October 31, 1982, Halloween
US date format: 10/31/1982, UK date format: 31/10/1982
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 31, 1982). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Justin Chatwin and Tomáš Plekanec.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Who Can It Be Now? by Men At Work.
In UK I Don't Wanna Dance by Eddy Grant was in the top 5 hits.
Come Back to the 5 & Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean, directed by Robert Altman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while A Light In The Attic by Shel Silverstein was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wild America.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Missing Ring or Bachelor Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 31, 1982?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- See more
- Pope John Paul II becomes first pontiff to visit Spain.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 31, 1982?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now?
- John Cougar - Jack & Diane
- The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky
- Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin'
- Joe Cocker - Up Where We Belong
- Olivia Newton-John - Heart Attack
- Jackson Browne - Somebody's Baby
- America - You Can Do Magic
- Flock Of Seagulls, A - I Ran (So Far Away)
- Neil Diamond - Heartlight
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Evelyn King - Love Come Down
- The Time - 777-9311
- Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing
- Cheryl Lynn And Luther Vandross - If This World Were Mine
- Luther Vandross - Bad Boy/having A Party
- Kool & The Gang - Big Fun
- Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin' (every Time You're Near)
- Melba Moore - Love's Comin' At Ya
- Diana Ross - Muscles
- Stevie Wonder - Ribbon In The Sky
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 31If October 31, 1982 is your birthday you're 37 years, 11 months, 1 day old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 30 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on October 31, 1982?
On October 31, 1982 the day of the week was Sunday.
What zodiac sign is October 31, 1982?
On October 31, 1982 the zodiac sign was Scorpio.
Who was the US President on October 31, 1982?
On October 31, 1982 the US President was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on October 31, 1982?
On October 31, 1982 the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on October 31, 1982?
On October 31, 1982 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on October 31, 1982?
On October 31, 1982 several famous people were born including, Justin Chatwin, Tomáš Plekanec, Tomas Plekanec.
What was the number one song in October 31, 1982?
The number one song in the week of October 31, 1982 was Who Can It Be Now? by Men At Work in US and I Don't Wanna Dance by Eddy Grant in UK.
What were the top hits on October 31, 1982?
The top hits on October 31, 1982 were Who Can It Be Now? by Men At Work, Jack & Diane by John Cougar, Eye In The Sky by The Alan Parsons Project in US and I Don't Wanna Dance by Eddy Grant, Heartbreaker by Dionne Warwick, Mad World by Tears For Fears in UK.