Sunday October 17, 1982
US date format: 10/17/1982, UK date format: 17/10/1982
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 17, 1982). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Nick Riewoldt and Marion Rolland.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Jack & Diane by John Cougar.
In UK Pass The Dutchie by Musical Youth was in the top 5 hits.
First Blood, directed by Ted Kotcheff, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Jane Fonda'S Workout Book by Jane Fonda was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wild America.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Nibbler or Fast Food.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 17, 1982?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- See more
- 1st live orchestra on commerical network since 1954 (National Symphony)
- Emmy News and Documentaries Award presentation
- Robin Yount is 1st to have 2 4-hit games in a World Series
- Peterus van Doorne: Dutch industrialist, dies at 47.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 17, 1982?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Cougar - Jack & Diane
- Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now?
- The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin'
- Jackson Browne - Somebody's Baby
- America - You Can Do Magic
- Olivia Newton-John - Heart Attack
- Flock Of Seagulls, A - I Ran (So Far Away)
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Evelyn King - Love Come Down
- The Gap Band - You Dropped A Bomb On Me
- The Time - 777-9311
- Cheryl Lynn And Luther Vandross - If This World Were Mine
- Jermaine Jackson - Let Me Tickle Your Fancy
- Kool & The Gang - Big Fun
- Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin' (every Time You're Near)
- Grandmaster Flash - The Message
- Melba Moore - Love's Comin' At Ya
- Luther Vandross - Bad Boy/having A Party
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 17If October 17, 1982 is your birthday you're 37 years, 11 months, 12 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 18 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on October 17, 1982?
On October 17, 1982 the day of the week was Sunday.
What zodiac sign is October 17, 1982?
On October 17, 1982 the zodiac sign was Libra.
Who was the US President on October 17, 1982?
On October 17, 1982 the US President was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on October 17, 1982?
On October 17, 1982 the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on October 17, 1982?
On October 17, 1982 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on October 17, 1982?
On October 17, 1982 several famous people were born including, Nick Riewoldt, Marion Rolland, Benjamin Cook.
Which famous people died on October 17, 1982?
Famous people died on October 17, 1982 include, Peterus van Doorne.
What was the number one song in October 17, 1982?
The number one song in the week of October 17, 1982 was Jack & Diane by John Cougar in US and Pass The Dutchie by Musical Youth in UK.
What were the top hits on October 17, 1982?
The top hits on October 17, 1982 were Jack & Diane by John Cougar, Who Can It Be Now? by Men At Work, Eye In The Sky by The Alan Parsons Project in US and Pass The Dutchie by Musical Youth, Do You Really Want To Hurt Me? by Culture Club, Zoom by Fat Larry's Band in UK.