Sunday October 10, 1982
US date format: 10/10/1982, UK date format: 10/10/1982
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 10, 1982). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Dan Stevens and Yasser Al-Qahtani.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Jack & Diane by John Cougar.
In UK Pass The Dutchie by Musical Youth was in the top 5 hits.
Ayaash, directed by Shakti Samanta, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The One Minute Manager by Kenneth Blanchard and Spencer Johnson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wild America.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Pole Position or Legionnaire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 10, 1982?
- Brewers beat Angels in ALCS
- Hernan Siles Zuazo installed as President of Bolivia
- Pope John Paul II canonizes Rev M Kolbe, who volunteered to die in place of another inmate at Auschwitz concentration camp, a Saint
- US imposes sanctions against Poland for banning Solidarity trade union
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 10, 1982?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Cougar - Jack & Diane
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky
- Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now?
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin'
- Jackson Browne - Somebody's Baby
- America - You Can Do Magic
- Flock Of Seagulls, A - I Ran (So Far Away)
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Evelyn King - Love Come Down
- The Gap Band - You Dropped A Bomb On Me
- The Time - 777-9311
- Grandmaster Flash - The Message
- Jermaine Jackson - Let Me Tickle Your Fancy
- Cheryl Lynn And Luther Vandross - If This World Were Mine
- Kool & The Gang - Big Fun
- Aretha Franklin - Jump To It
- Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin' (every Time You're Near)
- Zapp - Dance Floor (Part I)
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 10If October 10, 1982 is your birthday you're 37 years, 11 months, 20 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 10 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on October 10, 1982?
On October 10, 1982 the day of the week was Sunday.
What zodiac sign is October 10, 1982?
On October 10, 1982 the zodiac sign was Libra.
Who was the US President on October 10, 1982?
On October 10, 1982 the US President was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on October 10, 1982?
On October 10, 1982 the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on October 10, 1982?
On October 10, 1982 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on October 10, 1982?
On October 10, 1982 several famous people were born including, Dan Stevens, Yasser Al-Qahtani, Amon Buchanan.
What was the number one song in October 10, 1982?
The number one song in the week of October 10, 1982 was Jack & Diane by John Cougar in US and Pass The Dutchie by Musical Youth in UK.
What were the top hits on October 10, 1982?
The top hits on October 10, 1982 were Jack & Diane by John Cougar, Abracadabra by The Steve Miller Band, Hard To Say I'm Sorry by Chicago in US and Pass The Dutchie by Musical Youth, Do You Really Want To Hurt Me? by Culture Club, Zoom by Fat Larry's Band in UK.