Thursday 28 October 1982
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matt Smith (actor) and Yukari Fukui.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Who Can It Be Now? by Men At Work.
In UK Pass The Dutchie by Musical Youth was in the top 5 hits.
Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, directed by Woo-Ping Yuen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Prodigal Daughter by Jeffrey Archer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wild America.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Deadline or Bolo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1982!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 28 October 1982 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Matt Smith (actor)
- Yukari Fukui
- Jeremy Bonderman: American baseball player.
- Enver Jääger: Estonian footballer.
- Mai Kuraki: Japanese singer-songwriter pianist and producer.
- Anthony Lerew: American baseball player.
- Hironori Saruta: Japanese footballer.
- Matt Smith: English actor.
- NASA launches RCA-E.
- Spanish Socialist Workers' Party wins elections, leading to first Socialist government in Spain after death of Franco. Felipe Gonzalez becomes Prime Minister-elect.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now?
- John Cougar - Jack & Diane
- The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky
- Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin'
- Joe Cocker - Up Where We Belong
- Olivia Newton-John - Heart Attack
- Jackson Browne - Somebody's Baby
- America - You Can Do Magic
- Flock Of Seagulls, A - I Ran (So Far Away)
- Neil Diamond - Heartlight
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?