Thursday 26 September 1957US date format: 9/26/1957, UK date format: 26/9/1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on September 26, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hemant Sagar and Klaus Augenthaler.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Until They Sail, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Rascals In Paradise by James A. Michener and Grove Day was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Trackdown.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 September 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1957!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1957 ?
- Hemant Sagar
- Klaus Augenthaler: German footballer and manager.
- Michael Dweck: American photographer and director.
- Arthur Powell Davies: American religious minister (Born 1902).
- West Side Story opens at Winter Garden Theater NYC for 734 performances
- Musical West Side Story, opens on Broadway
- USSR performs nuclear test at Eastern Kazakh / Semipalitinsk USSR
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- Tony Bennett - In The Middle Of An Island
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?