Friday 17 January 1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Akkineni LV and John Wheatley.
Jeppe paa bjerget, directed by Viggo Larsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while Mr. Crewe's Career by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1908!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1908 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Akkineni LV: Lakshmi Varaprasada Rao Prasad producer.
- John Wheatley: Scottish Labour politician and judge.
- Antonio Pesenti: Italy sport Champion.
- BEN : Vaudelney Cartoonists.
- Cus D'Amato: American boxing manager and trainer (d. 1985).
- Ferdinand IV SMJJBFLGRRJ: Ruler of Toscane, dies at 72.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 January 1908
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Make Believe - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?