Tuesday 27 December 1927US date format: 12/27/1927, UK date format: 27/12/1927
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 27, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Horst Gruetzner and Agnes Nixon.
Sadie Thompson, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 December 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1927!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1927 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Horst Gruetzner: German astrologer, a business...
- Agnes Nixon: American television producer, director,...
- Shulamit Aloni: Israeli politician.
- Georges Besse: French industrialist, the President of...
- Alan King: Comedian.
- Nityanand Swami: Indian lawyer and politician 1st Chief...
- Audrey Wagner: American baseball player obstetrician...
- Antony Gardner: English engineer and politician (d....
- Kern and Hammerstein's musical play, ''Show Boat'', based on Edna Ferber's novel, opens on Broadway and then goes on to become the first great classic of the American musical theater.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1927 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Diane (I'm In Heaven When I See You Smile) - Nat Shilkret & The Victor Orchestra
- My Blue Heaven - Don Voorhees & His Orchestra
- The Soldier's Sweetheart - Jimmie Rodgers