Wednesday 28 December 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anne Legendre and Simon Raven.
Sadie Thompson, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 December 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1927!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1927 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Simon Raven: English playwright / critic (Alms for Oblivion).
- Anne Legendre: Armstrong; ambassador (to United Kingdom).
- Martin Milner in Detroit: Michigan, USA; actor (Route 66, Adam 12, Life of Riley).
- Jean Audibert: French diplomat, ambassador to Austria, 1983-1985; Belgium, 1986; Algeria, 1988-1992.
- Esther Sandoval: actress and a pioneer in Puerto Rico's television.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1927 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Diane (I'm In Heaven When I See You Smile) - Nat Shilkret & The Victor Orchestra
- My Blue Heaven - Don Voorhees & His Orchestra
- The Soldier's Sweetheart - Jimmie Rodgers