Sunday 11 December 1927
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 11, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stein Eriksen and John Buscema.
The Love of Jeanne Ney, directed by Georg Wilhelm Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1927!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1927 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Stein Eriksen: Norwegian alpine ski racer and Olympic gold medallist.
- John Buscema: American comics artist (d. 2002).
- Guangzhou Uprising: Communist militia and worker Red Guards launch an uprising in the Chinese city of Guangzhou, taking over most of the city and announcing the formation of a Guangzhou Soviet.