Friday 16 December 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include G Randall P D Garrett and Peter [Malcolm] Dickinson.
Chicago, directed by Frank Urson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while Doomsday by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1927!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1927 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- G Randall P D Garrett: United States -- Sci-fi writer (Takeoff (too)!).
- Peter [Malcolm] Dickinson: Zambia -- Sci-fi author (Heartsease).
- Randall Garrett: American sci-fi writer, wrote many stories under his own name and a variety of other names in the '50s and early '60s.
- Andre Delpoux: France sport Champion.
- Peter Dickinson: Rhodesian-English author and poet (d. 2015).
- Hugh Archibald Clarke: Composer, dies at 88.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?