Tuesday 13 December 1927
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 13, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Geneviève Page and James Wright.
Chicago, directed by Frank Urson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 December 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1927!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1927 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Geneviève Page
- James Wright: American poet.
- Honor Blackman: Actress.
- Robert Lattes: French mathematician, head of SEMA (Society for Economics and Applied Mathematics).
- Genevieve Page: French actress with a film career spanning fifty years.