Monday 27 December 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jerome Courtland in Knoxville and Jerome Courtland.
Flesh and the Devil, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Anita Loos was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1926!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1926 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Jerome Courtland in Knoxville: Tennessee, USA; actor (Tonka, Tharus).
- Jerome Courtland: American actor director and producer (d. 2012).
- Depot Square in Bronx renamed Botanical Square
- Latkin Square in Bronx named for 1st US Jewish soldier to die in WWI
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- It Made You Happy When You Made Me Cry - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- I Lost My Heart in Monterey (When I Found You) - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Tonight You Belong to Me - Franklyn Baur
- Someone is Losin' Susan - Harry Reser's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?