Saturday 28 April 1990
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 28, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nadia Lalami and Mario Meraz.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor.
In UK Vogue by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
Swarg, directed by David Dhawan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Megatrends 2000 by John Naisbitt and Patricia Aburdene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jeeves and Wooster.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Angband or Air Inferno.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 April 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1990!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1990 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Nadia Lalami: Moroccan tennis player.
- Mario Meraz: Mexican boxer.
- Niels-Peter Mørck: Danish footballer.
- Jean Blazer Baney: Entertainer.
- Chorus Line closes at Shubert Theater in New York City after 6,137 performances (15 years).
- Boston Celtics score most points in a playoff, beat the New York Knicks 157-128
- Last issue of Dutch communist daily De Waarheid (The Truth)
- Firestone World Bowling Tournament of Champions won by Dave Ferraro.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor
- Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall In Love
- Calloway - I Wanna Be Rich
- Lisa Stansfield - All Around The World
- Michael Bolton - How Can We Be Lovers
- Babyface - Whip Appeal
- Luther Vandross - Here And Now
- Mötley Crüe - Without You
- A'me Lorain - Whole Wide World
- Heart - All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You
Top #10 R&B songs
- After 7 - Ready Or Not
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison
- Regina Belle - What Goes Around
- Howard Hewett - Show Me
- All Over You (From "Def By Temptation") - Freddie Jackson
- Johnny Gill - Rub You The Right Way
- Digital Underground - The Humpty Dance
- Tyler Collins - Girls Nite Out
- Troop - Spread My Wings
- Soul II Soul - Get A Life
Top #10 Latin songs
- Gipsy Kings - Volare
- Ana Gabriel - Quien Como Tu
- Abre Las Ventanas Al Amor - Roberto Carlos
- Kaoma - Dancando Lambada
- Ni Tu Ni Ella - Alvaro Torres
- Flor Dormida - Luis Angel
- Me Va A Extranar - Ricardo Montaner
- Tesoro Mio - Guillermo Davila/Kiara
- El Carino Es Como Una Flor - Rudy La Scala
- Daniela Romo - Quiero Amanecer Con Alguien
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?