Monday April 23, 1990
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 23, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dev Patel and Matthew Underwood.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor.
In UK Vogue by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
Swarg, directed by David Dhawan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Head First by Norman Cousins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jeeves and Wooster.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dr. Mario or The Amazing Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 April 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1990!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1990 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
Famous Birthdays:23 April
- 11th Emmy Sports Award presentation
- Namibia becomes the 160th member of the United Nations and the 50th member of the Commonwealth of Nations.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor
- Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall In Love
- Calloway - I Wanna Be Rich
- Lisa Stansfield - All Around The World
- Michael Bolton - How Can We Be Lovers
- Babyface - Whip Appeal
- Luther Vandross - Here And Now
- Mötley Crüe - Without You
- A'me Lorain - Whole Wide World
- Heart - All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You
Top #10 R&B songs
- After 7 - Ready Or Not
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison
- Regina Belle - What Goes Around
- Howard Hewett - Show Me
- All Over You (From "Def By Temptation") - Freddie Jackson
- Johnny Gill - Rub You The Right Way
- Digital Underground - The Humpty Dance
- Tyler Collins - Girls Nite Out
- Troop - Spread My Wings
- Soul II Soul - Get A Life
Top #10 Latin songs
- Gipsy Kings - Volare
- Ana Gabriel - Quien Como Tu
- Abre Las Ventanas Al Amor - Roberto Carlos
- Kaoma - Dancando Lambada
- Ni Tu Ni Ella - Alvaro Torres
- Flor Dormida - Luis Angel
- Me Va A Extranar - Ricardo Montaner
- Tesoro Mio - Guillermo Davila/Kiara
- El Carino Es Como Una Flor - Rudy La Scala
- Daniela Romo - Quiero Amanecer Con Alguien
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?