Monday April 30, 1990
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 30, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mac DeMarco and Kaarel Kiidron.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor.
In UK Killer by Adamski was in the top 5 hits.
Far Out Man, directed by Tommy Chong, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Men At Work by George F. Will was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jeeves and Wooster.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Adventures of Gilligan's Island or Atomic Punk.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 April 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1990!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1990 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
Famous Birthdays:30 April
- As Met pitcher David Cone argues a call at 1st base, 2 Braves score
- US hostage Frank Reed freed after four years in hands of pro-Iranians.
- US 66th manned space mission STS 31 (Discovery 10) returns from space.
- Lebanon hostage crisis: Lebanese kidnappers release American educator Frank H. Reed, who had been held hostage since September 1986.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U
- Calloway - I Wanna Be Rich
- Michael Bolton - How Can We Be Lovers
- Madonna - Vogue
- Heart - All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You
- Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall In Love
- Babyface - Whip Appeal
- Lisa Stansfield - All Around The World
- Aerosmith - What It Takes
- Alright - Janet Jackson
Top #10 R&B songs
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison
- Howard Hewett - Show Me
- Johnny Gill - Rub You The Right Way
- All Over You (From "Def By Temptation") - Freddie Jackson
- Regina Belle - What Goes Around
- After 7 - Ready Or Not
- En Vogue - Hold On
- Tyler Collins - Girls Nite Out
- Soul II Soul - Get A Life
- Digital Underground - The Humpty Dance
Top #10 Latin songs
- Ana Gabriel - Quien Como Tu
- Abre Las Ventanas Al Amor - Roberto Carlos
- Ni Tu Ni Ella - Alvaro Torres
- Gipsy Kings - Volare
- Flor Dormida - Luis Angel
- Me Va A Extranar - Ricardo Montaner
- Kaoma - Dancando Lambada
- El Carino Es Como Una Flor - Rudy La Scala
- Corazon A La Deriva - Lucerito
- Daniela Romo - Quiero Amanecer Con Alguien
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?