Tuesday 28 February 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Part Of Me by Katy Perry.
Project X, directed by Nima Nourizadeh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Descending.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing DJMax Ray or Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 2012!
Which were the important events of 28 February 2012 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 February
- 2011–2012 Syrian uprising:
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Navanethem Pillay calls for an immediate ceasefire and demands humanitarian access. (Al Jazeera)
- A new United Nations estimate puts the death toll to date at 7,500. (VOA)
- Political leaders of Palestinian group Hamas exit Syria for Egypt and Qatar, saying it could no longer operate in the country. (BBC)
- Pakistani gunmen open fire on a passenger bus in Kohistan, killing 18. (Reuters)
- A United States Department of Defense report finds that the partial remains of the victims of the September 11 attacks ended up at a military landfill site. (BBC)
- Millions of workers in India go on strike to demand improved rights and express anger at rising prices. (''Hindustan Times'')
- The death toll after the Astrakhan apartment gas explosion rises at 6 with another 11 people missing. (Reuters)
- European Union Foreign Ministers support Serbia's candidacy to join the European Union despite opposition from Romania. (''The Guardian'')
- Belarus expels the ambassadors from the European Union and Poland and recalls its ambassadors in Brussels and Warsaw due to the imposition of sanctions. (Reuters)
- A Thai court sentences leftist political activist Surachai Danwattananusorn to seven and a half years in jail for lese majeste or insulting the Thai monarchy. (Reuters)
- Voters in the US states of Michigan and Arizona go to the polls for Republican Party primaries. Mitt Romney wins both states. (Voice of America)
- Occupy London protesters are evicted from outside St. Paul's Cathedral. (''The Telegraph'')
- Senator Olympia Snowe of Maine announces that she will not seek re-election in 2012. (''New York Times'')
- Two new species of prehistoric penguin are discovered - ''Kairuku grebneffi'' and ''Kairuku waitaki''. Standing nearly 5ft tall, ''Kairuku grebneffi'' is the largest penguin ever discovered. (Discovery)
- In auto racing, Matt Kenseth wins the Daytona 500 in Daytona, Florida. (''USA Today'')
- IBM claims to be on the verge of creating the world's first quantum computer. ( ''PC Magazine'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 February 2012
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?