What Happened on August 28, 2007US date format: 8/28/2007, UK date format: 28/8/2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 28, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include August Maturo .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
Gone Baby Gone, directed by Ben Affleck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret Servant by Daniel Silva was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Marimar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Calling All Cars! or Aqua Teen Hunger Force Zombie Ninja Pro-Am.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 August 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 2007!
Which were the important events of 28 August 2007 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Miyoshi Umeki: Japanese-American actress who won an Oscar as best supporting actress for her role in "Sayonara," 1958.
- Hilly Kristal: American businessman founded CBGB (d. 2007).
- Paul MacCready: American engineer founded AeroVironment (d. 2007).
- Arthur Jones: American businessman founded Nautilus Inc.
- A total lunar eclipse takes place in the early morning hours across most of North America and the eastern Pacific Ocean region. (Canwest via Ottawa Citizen)
- The Supreme Court of Chile confirms a life sentence for Hugo Salas Wenzel, a Chilean general under former dictator Augusto Pinochet, for his role in the murder of 12 opponents of the regime. (BBC)
- The Sudanese Government and the United Nations launch a flood appeal to help victims of recent flooding which has killed 89 people and destroyed 73,000 homes. (BBC)
- South Korean hostage crisis: Officials in South Korea's Blue House claim that the Taliban has agreed to release 19 South Korean hostages. (Reuters)
- Battle of Karbala (2007): At least 52 people have been killed in fighting in Karbala, as thousands of Shia pilgrims gathered in the city for an annual festival. (Reuters)
- Scientists in Colombia discover new poisonous frog, dubbed the 'golden frog of Supatá,' in a remote mountainous region. (Fox News)
- A United States federal judge orders the extradition of former Panamanian President Manuel Noriega to France, where he has already been convicted ''in absentia'' on money-laundering charges. (CNN)
- The Cockpit voice recorder is retrieved from the wreckage of Adam Air Flight 574, 24 hours after the recovery of the Flight data recorder. (ABC News Australia)
- The Ontario Court of Appeal acquits Steven Truscott of the 1959 murder of Lynne Harper, declaring the original trial that had sentenced the then-14-year-old to hang was a miscarriage of justice. The case has been a cause célèbre for almost fifty years. (CBC)
Sport Games on 28 August 2007
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Lorient - Valenciennes : 1 - 3
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Let It Go - Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim
- Shawty - Plies Featuring T-Pain
- Ne-Yo - Do You
- When I See U - Fantasia
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- J. Holiday - Bed
- Make Me Better - Fabolous Featuring Ne-Yo
- Crank That (Soulja Boy) - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Bartender - T-Pain Featuring Akon
- Same Girl - R. Kelly Duet With Usher
Top #10 Latin songs
- Y Si Te Digo - Fanny Lu
- Basta Ya - Conjunto Primavera
- De Ti Exclusivo - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Lagrimas Del Corazon - Grupo Montez de Durango
- Ella Me Levanto - Daddy Yankee
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- Gloria Estefan - No Llores
- Aventura - Mi Corazoncito
- Cuisillos - Mil Heridas
- Por Amarte Asi - Alacranes Musical
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
For dancers in the Mark Morris Dance Group, air travel is a bitter enemy. [..]
The Vatican introduced a low-cost airline that will fly Catholic pilgrims from Italy to religious destinations around the world. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $36.54
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $109.35
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $73.30
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $47.60
- 1 CAD = 1.1272 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9766 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.8661 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4008 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?