Monday 28 May 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 28, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edinburgh (Scotland) and John Fogerty.
Wonder Man, directed by H. Bruce Humberstone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 May 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1945!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1945 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- John Fogerty: American musician, one of rock's great singer-composer-guitarists who ranked alongside Chuck Berry and Buddy Holly.
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- Patch Adams: American physician, famed over the years throughout the medical community for charging no fees, carrying no malpractice insurance and living with his patients in a country farm setting.
- Esther Galil
- Hilary Abramson: American publicist, a former reporter for a metropolitan paper.
- Jean Perrault: Canadian politician Mayor of Sherbrooke.
- Bruce Cockburn: Musician.
- Helena Shovelton: English physician.
- Gary Stewart in Latcher County: Kentucky, USA; country singer ("She's Actin' Single").
- John N Bambacus: American politician.
- Hunter ''Patch'' Adams: American physician and social activist.
- John Bambacus: American sergeant and politician.
- William Joyce (quotLord Haw-Hawquot) is captured. He is later charged with high treason in London for his English-language wartime broadcasts on German radio, convicted, and then hanged in January 1946.
- German communists, led by Walter Ulbricht, arrive in Berlin.
- Dutch painter Han van Meegeren is arrested for collaboration with the Nazis, but the paintings he had sold to Hermann Göring (Koch) are later found to be his fakes.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Johnnie Johnston - Laura
- Dream (When You're Feeling Blue) - Frank Sinatra
- Good, Good, Good (That's You-That's You) - Xavier Cugat & His Waldorf-Astoria Orchestra
- You Belong To My Heart - Bing Crosby (Xavier Cugat Orchestra)