Friday 28 June 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 28, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gilda Radner and Robert Xavier Rodriguez.
Sunset Pass, directed by William Berke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching King's Party Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 June 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1946 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Gilda Radner: American comedienne on stage and film who created a gallery of offbeat characters as one of the original cast members of TV's "Saturday Night Live.
- Robert Xavier Rodriguez: Composer.
- Gilda Radner in Detroit: Michigan, USA; comedienne (Baba Wawa - Saturday Night Live).
- John "Mike" Lounge in Denver: Colorado, USA; astronaut (STS 51-I, STS 26, STS 35).
- Howard Barker: English playwright.
- Roger Godsiff: English politician.
- Robert L Asprin: United States -- Sci-fi writer (Thieves World, Cold Cash War).
- Robert Asprin: American soldier and author (d. 2008).
- Bruce Davison: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Actor (Captain Wyler-Hunter, Willard, High Risk).
- David Duckham: English rugby player.
- Jaime Guzmán: Chilean lawyer and politician (d. 1991).
- Robert Rodriguez: American composer.
- Jaime Guzman: Chilean politician.
- Eduard Veterman: Dutch Painter / playwright, dies in an auto accident.
- Permanent radio play-by-play of Cleveland Indians games begins
- Enrico de Nicola becomes first president of Italy.