Saturday 17 September 1921
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 17, 1921). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gisèle Pascal and Virgilio Barco.
Camille, directed by Ray C. Smallwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 September 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1921!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1921 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Young Prince and the Young Princess - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- Jazz Me Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- Down Home Blues - Ethel Waters
- Learn to Smile - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra