Sunday 28 October 1945US date format: 10/28/1945, UK date format: 28/10/1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 28, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Elton Dean and Wayne Fontana.
Spellbound, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 October 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1945!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1945 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Elton Dean: English saxophonist and keyboard player...
- Wayne Fontana: English singer (The Mindbenders).
- Wayne Fontana in Manchester: England; rocker ("Groovy Kind of Love").
- Louise Deschatelets: Canadian actress seen in TV soap series...
- Sandy Berger: American lawyer and politician 19th...
Sport Games on 28 October 1945
- Boston Yanks - Pittsburgh Steelers : 10 - 6
- Chicago Bears - Detroit Lions : 10 - 16
- Chicago Cardinals - Green Bay Packers : 14 - 33
- Cleveland Rams - Philadelphia Eagles : 14 - 28
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Walkin' with My Honey (Soon, Soon, Soon) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- That's for Me - Jo Stafford
- It Might As Well Be Spring - Paul Weston & His Orchestra (Vocal Margaret Whiting)