Monday 28 October 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Florence Arthaud and Christian Berkel.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Wake Up Little Susie by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Pursuit of the Graf Spee, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Twentieth Century.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1957!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1957 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Florence Arthaud: French sailor (skipper), born to Jacques (dead in 2014), director of the Arthaud publishing house: he specialized in mountain books (based in Grenoble).
- Christian Berkel: German actor.
- Marian Bell: English economist and academic.
- Ahmet Kaya: Turkish singer and composer (Born 1957).
- Stephen Morris: English drummer (Joy Division New Order and The Other Two).
- Zach Wamp: American businessman and politician
- Ernst Grafenberg: German physician and scientist (Born 1881).
- WMVS TV channel 10 in Milwaukee, WI (PBS) begins broadcasting
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 October 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- The Tune Weavers - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
- Little Richard - Keep A Knockin'
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Ricky Nelson - Be-Bop Baby
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?