Monday 28 October 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 28, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Florence Arthaud and Stephen Morris (musician).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Wake Up Little Susie by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Decision at Sundown, directed by Budd Boetticher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Rascals In Paradise by James A. Michener and Grove Day was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Real McCoys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 October 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1957!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1957 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Florence Arthaud: French sailor (skipper), born to Jacques (dead in 2014), director of the Arthaud publishing house: he specialized in mountain books (based in Grenoble).
- Stephen Morris (musician)
- Christian Berkel: German actor.
- Stephen Morris: English drummer (Joy Division New Order and The Other Two).
- Glenn Hoddle: Athlete.
- Zach Wamp: American businessman and politician.
- Marian Bell: English economist and academic.
- Ahmet Kaya: Turkish singer and composer (Born 1957).
- Ernst Grafenberg: German physician and scientist (Born 1881).
- WMVS TV channel 10 in Milwaukee, WI (PBS) begins broadcasting
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- The Tune Weavers - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
- Little Richard - Keep A Knockin'
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Ricky Nelson - Be-Bop Baby
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?