Sunday 28 October 1928US date format: 10/28/1928, UK date format: 28/10/1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 28, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wim van Heumen and Iry LeJeune.
The Cavalier, directed by Irvin Willat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 October 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1928!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1928 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Wim van Heumen: Coach of Dutch field hockey team.
- Iry LeJeune: American accordion player (d. 1955).
- Ion Pacepa: Romanian general.
- William Rodgers: Baron Rodgers of Quarry Bank English politician Shadow Secretary of State for Defence.
- Bradman scores 131 NSW vs. Queensland, 212 mins, 14 fours
- Indonesian child laws enfoced in Bahasa Indonesia
- Declarated of Youth Pledge in Indonesia , the first time Indonesia Raya song was sung