Sunday 23 December 1928US date format: 12/23/1928, UK date format: 23/12/1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 23, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charlotte Curtis and Chronis Aidonidis.
The Spieler, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1928!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1928 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
Famous Birthdays:23 December
- NBC sets up a permanent, coast-to-coast radio network.