Tuesday 29 June 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barry D [Iain Bakker] and Tripp Eisen.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Can't Help Myself by Four Tops.
In UK Crying In The Chapel by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Sons of Katie Elder, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while A Pillar Of Iron by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vision On.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 June 1965 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Barry D [Iain Bakker]: English pop musician (Jesus Jones).
- Tripp Eisen: American guitarist (Static-X Dope and Murderdolls).
- Panagiotis Karatzas: Greek basketball player.
- Sidney Marion: Actor (Outlaws is Coming, Quicksand), dies at 64.
- USAF Captain Joseph Henry Engle reaches 85,530 m in X-15
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Herman's Hermits - Wonderful World
- The Yardbirds - For Your Love
- Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- Jackie De Shannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Celebrate 29 June 1965 with a precious gift
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?