Sunday 29 September 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 29, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Olivier Monneret and Patrick Abrial.
Gas House Kids, directed by Sam Newfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 September 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1946!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1946 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Olivier Monneret
- Patrick Abrial
- Nick Taylor: Singer / guitarist (Bloodrock).
- Jeffrey Jones: Actor.
- Ian Wallace: English drummer (King Crimson and Crimson Jazz Trio) (d. 2007).
- Patricia Hodge: Actress (Heat of the Day, Shell Seekers, Sunset).
- Alasdair Fraser: QC / director (Public Prosecutions for N Ireland).
- Adventures of Sam Spade debuts on CBS Radio
- 1st time NL pennant ends in a tie (Cards & Dodgers)
- NPS, Nationale Party Suriname, forms
- Los Angeles (previously Cleveland) Rams play first NFL game in Los Angeles, California.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Rumors Are Flying - Betty Jane Rhodes
- Frank Sinatra - The Coffee Song