Wednesday 18 September 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nicholas Clay and Alan "Bam" King.
Caesar and Cleopatra, directed by Gabriel Pascal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while This Side of Innocence by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mixed Bill.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 September 1946 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Nicholas Clay: British actor (Born 1946).
- Alan "Bam" King: Rocker.
- Alexis : French comics artist, best known for his work on the series 'Al Crane' and 'Superdupont.
- Benjamín Brea: Spanish-Venezuelan saxophonist clarinet player and conductor (Los Cañoneros) (d. 2014).
- Kelvin Coe: Australian ballet dancer (d. 1992).
- Billy Drago: American actor and producer.
- Meredith Oakes: Australian-English playwright translator and educator.
- Otis Sistrunk: American football player and wrestler.
- Joe Louis knockouts Tami Mauriello in 1 round for the heavyweight boxing title.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Blue Skies - Count Basie & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?