Wednesday 18 September 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 18, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nicholas Clay and Alexis .
Sister Kenny, directed by Dudley Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 September 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1946!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1946 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Nicholas Clay: British actor (Born 1946).
- Alexis : French comics artist, best known for his work on the series 'Al Crane' and 'Superdupont.
- Benjamín Brea: Spanish-Venezuelan saxophonist clarinet player and conductor (Los Cañoneros) (d. 2014).
- Kelvin Coe: Australian ballet dancer (d. 1992).
- Alan "Bam" King: Rocker.
- Meredith Oakes: Australian-English playwright translator and educator.
- Otis Sistrunk: American football player and wrestler.
- Billy Drago: American actor and producer.
- Joe Louis knockouts Tami Mauriello in 1 round for the heavyweight boxing title.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Rumors Are Flying - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
- Ole Buttermilk Sky - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra