Tuesday 29 October 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 29, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Green and Pierre Groscolas.
The Devil's Playground, directed by George Archainbaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 October 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 29 October 1946 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
- Peter Green: British rock musician, a guitarist and songwriter who formed the group "Fleetwood Mac" with a debut on 8/12/1967.
- Pierre Groscolas
- Jean-Marc Sylvestre: French journalist who writes for the business press.
- André Dierickx
- Peter Breuer: German ballet dancer with the Munich State Opera in 1961 and the Dusseldorf Rhine Opera Company in 1964.
- Lynn Carey: American actress and singer (Mama Lion).
- Roland Pidoux: French cellist and conductor.
- Strinivasa Moodley: South African anti-apartheid activist.
- Peter Green [Peter Greenbaum]: London, England -- Rocker (Fleetwood Mac).
- John Hewson: Politician.
- John S Curry: US Painter (Baptism in Kansas).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Ole Buttermilk Sky - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
- This is Always - Harry James & His Orchestra
- The Old Lamp-Lighter - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Put that Kiss Back Where You Found It - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra