Monday 29 September 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Altie Taylor and Jon Snow.
The Unsuspected, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Moneyman by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching WJLA ABC 7 News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1947 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Altie Taylor: Soccer star.
- Jon Snow: British TV journalist (Channel 4).
- Lyndon Harrison: MEP.
- R J Evans: FBA, historian.
- Bernard Pacaud: French chef and restaurateur, with three Michelin stars since 1986.
- Martin Ferrero: American actor
- Ülo Kaevats: Estonian philosopher academic and politician (d. 2015)
- S Kapadia: Indian lawyer judge and politician 38th Chief Justice of India (d. 2016)
- Gary Wetzel: American soldier Medal of Honor recipient
- Dizzy Gillespie presented his 1st Carnegie Hall concert in New York
- Former Yank manager Joe McCarthy signs to manage Red Sox
- Record World Series crowd of 73,365 at Yankee Stadium ($325,828)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?