Monday 30 September 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hector Lavoe and Claude Vorilhon.
Caesar and Cleopatra, directed by Gabriel Pascal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while This Side of Innocence by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Faraway Hill.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1946!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1946 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Hector Lavoe: Puerto Rican singer (d. 1993).
- Claude Vorilhon: French cult leader and writer, the author of books of messages given to him by an extraterrestrial in 1996 that led to world-wide centers, the Raelian Movement.
- Fran Brill: American actress, voice actress and puppeteer.
- Héctor Lavoe: Puerto Rican-American singer-songwriter (d. 1993).
- Jochen Mass: German race car driver.
- Paul Sheahan: Australian cricketer and educator
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Rumors Are Flying - Betty Jane Rhodes
- Frank Sinatra - The Coffee Song
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?