Sunday 8 September 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 8, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dean Daughtry and Joe Klein.
Paisan, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching I Love to Eat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 September 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1946!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1946 ?
- Joe Klein: Journalist.
- Dean Daughtry: Rock keyboardist (Atlanta Rhythm Section).
- L C Greenwood: American football player.
- Alberto Boschi: Italian soccer referee.
- Ronnie Burns: Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- L Greenwood: American football player (d. 2013).
- Aziz Sancar: Turkish-American biologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- 60th US Womens Tennis: Pauline Betz beats Patricia Canning (119 63)
- 66th US Mens Tennis: Jack Kramer beats Tom Brown Jr (97 63 60)
- Bill Kennedy of Rocky Mount (CPL) strikes out minors record 456
- Bulgaria ends monarchy
- Jack Kramer wins US Tennis Open
- San Francisco 49ers play first AAFC game, lose to New York Yankees 21-7.
- Bulgaria is declared a People's Republic after a referendum King Simeon II leaves.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You Call it Madness - King Cole Trio
- Three Suns - Five Minutes More