Wednesday 30 May 1990
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yoona (Im Yoon-a) and Roseanne Spaughton.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Vogue by Madonna.
In UK Killer by Adamski was in the top 5 hits.
Total Recall, directed by Paul Verhoeven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Flashbacks by Morley Safer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Seinfeld.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alpha Waves or Breach 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1990!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1990 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Yoona (Im Yoon-a): South Korean singer (Girls' Generation).
- Roseanne Spaughton: YouTube Star.
- Im Yoona: Pop Singer.
- Mustafa Akbaş: Turkish footballer.
- Dean Collins: American actor.
- 135 die in a (6.4) earthquake in Peru
- Dow Jones Average hits a record 2,878.56
- Earthquake hit Peru, killing 135
- George H. W. Bush and Mikhail Gorbachev begin a four-day summit meeting in Washington, D.C.
- Members of the Provisional Irish Republican Army shoot and kill Major Michael Dillon-Lee and Private William Robert Davies of the British Army. Dillon-Lee is killed outside his home in Dortmund, Germany and Davies is killed at a railway station in Lichfield, England.
- The Lower Ohio Valley tornado outbreak spawns 88 confirmed tornadoes in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio, killing 12 37 tornadoes occur in Indiana, eclipsing the previous record of 21 during the Super Outbreak of April 1974.
- Namibia recognizes the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Madonna - Vogue
- Heart - All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You
- Wilson Phillips - Hold On
- Janet Jackson - Alright
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison
- Roxette - It Must Have Been Love
- Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U
- Linear - Sending All My Love
- M.C. Hammer - U Can't Touch This
- Perfect Gentlemen - Ooh La La (I Can't Get Over You)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?