Thursday 30 June 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shirley Fry and Harvey Vernon.
The Joyless Street, directed by G.W. Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while The Plutocrat by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1927!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1927 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Shirley Fry: American tennis champ, the winner of all four of the Grand Slam titles during her career, one of only five players to win all the major titles in singles and doubles.
- Harvey Vernon: Flint, Michigan -- Actor (Jasper-Carter Country).
- Joseph R Skeen: (Rep-R-New Mexico, 1981- ).
- Shriley Fry: Akron sports Champions.
- James Goldman: Author / playwright (Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid).
- US Assay Office in Deadwood, South Dakota closes.
- Augusto Cesar Sandino issues his Manifesto Politico.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?