Thursday 30 June 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 30, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shirley Fry and Joseph R Skeen.
The First Auto, directed by Roy Del Ruth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 June 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1927!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1927 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Shirley Fry: American tennis champ, the winner of all four of the Grand Slam titles during her career, one of only five players to win all the major titles in singles and doubles.
- Harvey Vernon: Flint, Michigan -- Actor (Jasper-Carter Country).
- Joseph R Skeen: (Rep-R-New Mexico, 1981- ).
- Shriley Fry: Akron sports Champions.
- James Goldman: Author / playwright (Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid).
- US Assay Office in Deadwood, South Dakota closes.
- Augusto Cesar Sandino issues his Manifesto Politico.