Monday 13 June 1927
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 13, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Slim Dusty and Brian Wilde.
Old San Francisco, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 June 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1927!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1927 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Slim Dusty: Australian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (d. 2003).
- Brian Wilde
- Emily Faugno
- Knut Wiggen: Composer.
- Alan Reiher: Australian public servant (d. 2003).
- Friedrich Katz: Austrian-born historian of Mexico especially the Mexican Revolution (d. 2010).
- Henry CK "Clan" Petty-Fitzmaurice: Gov of India (1888-94), dies at 82.
- Ticker-tape parade welcomed Charles A Lindbergh to New York City
- A ticker-tape parade down 5th Avenue in New York City is held for aviator Charles Lindbergh.